Monday, March 05, 2007

Anna's Birthday 2007

Anna turned 13 last week and we had her birthday party the weekend before. I still can't believe how old and grown-up my kids are getting. Every year it's a shock to me. I still remember them when they were little kids and babies. Oh well... part of motherhood, I guess.

For Anna's birthday, I made a card with the Beatles in it (she's a big fan). I found a picture of them with a cake online and printed it out. I wanted to do something a little more special with this card -- I'm still not entirely thrilled with it. Here it is, anyway:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here it is, opened:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I also have a couple of pictures from Anna's birthday. The first is of her blowing out the candles on her chocolate cheesecake, and the second is of her with her Yan Yans.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

meresy_g said...

Great card. I hope they save all these cards that you make. They will be something wonderful to have as a grown-up to look back on.

wurwolf said...

I think they actually do save the cards. I know Anna still has her birthday card that I made for her last year. And I'm pretty sure Amy still has her Bananaphone card in her room right now. Even though I've been making cards for years I haven't really made any for my kids until recently. For a while they were too little to appreciate them and then later I stopped making cards for a few years. Now they're older and I'm making cards again, so they're into saving them now.

Robert said...

That is such a nice way to celebrate. I love that card -- it's so organic and cool.

PM said...

Cool card! You always do great work.