Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Intrepid Is on the Move!

I know this is really a card blog, but I'm so excited about these pictures that I just can't resist posting a few here. The Intrepid, after being entrenched in the mud of the Hudson River for decades, is finally on her way to a makeover in New Jersey. They tried to move her a month or so ago and they weren't able to budge her. After several weeks of having 40 cubic tons of mud dug out around her, she was finally ready to go. I took these pictures from the window of my department which overlooks the Hudson, and the final two pictures were taken from my office window.











2 comments:

meresy_g said...

Very cool photos. You are really way up off the ground! So do you stay in New York during the week? I can't imagine commuting from Manheim to New York every day.

wurwolf said...

My in-laws live in Brooklyn and they have an extra bedroom that I crash in. My kids live with their father and his wife during the week, and my husband and home and nearly everything I own is in Manheim. I drive down on Friday night and back up to Brooklyn on Sunday night. It sounds bad but a lot of people in New York do it, and I've been doing it for three years now so I'm pretty well used to it. Really, I consider myself extremely fortunate to have the best of both worlds.