Monday, February 12, 2007

Valentine's Day 2007

I'm finally posting the Valentine's cards I made for the kids back in the beginning of January. I made a card for Onil, too, but I just finished it this past weekend and I couldn't bring it into work to scan it. I'll just bring it in and post it next week. Anyway, here are the kids' cards. First up is Amy's. I picked this layout for her because she's a writer and an artist, and it seemed like an appropriate kind of card. The hearts are rub-ons that I've had for about a year, and when I went to use them some of them didn't want to let go of the plastic. I had a hell of a time with them and actually ripped the card trying to adhere the damn things, so what I wasn't able to make stick to the card I cut out and mounted with foam tape so they'd pop out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I used the CD envelopes again. One thing I forgot to mention in an earlier post about using square envelopes is that, no matter what the size, there is extra 13¢ postage charge. Sometimes the post office will let you get away with just a 39¢ stamp, but I'd rather just pay the 13¢ to make sure it gets there properly. And I'd really rather not rip off the post office. Anyway, here's Amy's card in the envelope. I'm including it because I like how the rub-on can be used on paper and on the window.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here's Anna's card. I got these letters on clearance at AC Moore a year ago. I also had the candy heart brads. I really like this card; it feels young and fun and fresh. Just like Anna. :o)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



THIS NEXT PART IS NOT FOR THOSE WHO ARE FAINT OF HEART, NOR IS IT FOR MICKTYE, WHO WILL RECEIVE THIS CARD IN THE MAIL ANY DAY NOW.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


This last card is kinda dirty. One night I was talking to Lita in the chat and I was thanking her for a card she had just sent me. It was kind of mushy, and it was frankly embarrassing, mostly because I didn't know Lita loved me quite that much. She said that if I thought that was bad, I should have seen the other friendship cards in the store, most of which made it sound like, in her words, "I want to rip off your panties and ride you all night long." Our other friend, Mickrty, who happened to be in the chat at the time and is never one to let a good opportunity to go waste when it involves panties (or pants in general, come to think of it), said he would really love to get a card like that. And so, this card was born:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

Lita said...

The panties not going back up is, at least, totally accurate to Mickryh. I often find myself glad that we do not have a video chat.

The cards for your girls are cute! I especially like the ribbons tied around that metal S thing. (Look at me go with the technical terms!)

Did you know Hallmark has special envelopes that you can use to sell small square cards without adding postage? They're standard greeting card sized, but they're glued shut on one end so the card doesn't slide around inside. Some of the envelopes are really cute. Of course, I don't know how Hallmark feels about people going in and grabbing fistfulls of their envelopes without buying any cards first...

wurwolf said...

I will definitely have to check out the envelopes for square cards, Lita, although the reason I use the CD envelopes is for the window. Still, it's worth looking into, even though I haven't been in a Hallmark store in a really long time. Thanks for the heads up!

meresy_g said...

How nice that you make cards for your kids. I bet they will save them forever.