Monday, February 05, 2007

Busy Weekend

I had a very busy weekend and so was only able to make one small thing, even though I wanted to do more. I made this bookmark because I'm in the middle of the best Haruki Murakami book of all time, Kafka on the Shore. I love his books, especially The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, and this new book is maybe even better. Anyway, I have been embarrassed to be using the receipt for the purchase of the book as a bookmark, so I made this one. The heron is a clear sticker that I put on cream-colored paper and cut out. I have a bunch of white feathers so I glued two onto the bookmark and tied some linen cross-stitch thread around it. Also, I tried scanning it with a white paper as a background but it didn't show up very well, so I used a sheet of tan paper as a background.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

meresy_g said...

that is lovely. I love herons. Where do you find stickers like that? Very cool.

wurwolf said...

Thanks. They were in the clearance section of AC Moore on Lititz Pike in Lancaster. I couldn't believe they were on clearance; I think they're awesome. I used stickers from the same set in this card.

Lita said...

That's beautiful. I'd totally buy a bookmark like that if I saw it in the bookstore. You chose a really nice background for the heron, too. Reminiscent of water and/or snow.