Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

This year, just like every year, Mother's Day took me by surprise. I don't know why. You'd think I'd remember that day, of all days. But it's not a big deal to me and sometimes it's all I can do to remember to send a card out. Such was the case this year, so I had to make cards for the two mothers in my life on the fly. I brought a lot of my stuff up here to work and put it all together this morning. The cards are the same except for the color cardstock: one light and one a shade darker. I printed out a picture of cherry blossoms (which seems to be my new obsession since I got that cherry blossom punch), rounded the corners and mounted it on grey cardstock. I then tied a pink ribbon around it and attached it to a square card. I made the flowers with cherry blossoms punched out of white cardstock, and small suns out of pink cardstock and a 1/8" circle punch out of darker pink cardstock for the centers.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! :o)

2 comments:

meresy_g said...

What pretty mother's day cards. Your moms will love them. So springy and feminine.

Faith said...

Thanks -- actually, my mother-in-law did comment on what a pretty card it was. She usually doesn't.

I've been having good luck with finding pictures on the internet and turning them into cards. I may explore that a little more. I mean, why not. I have access to some of the best printing equipment money can buy here at work.