Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Outstanding Achievements

This post is dedicated to those who have accomplished some outstanding achievements! First up, we have a congratulations card for a friend. She just received her nursing degree and Onil and I wanted to congratulate her on a job well done. I printed the picture from the internet, sanded the edges and mounted it on silver cardstock. Then I used rub-on stitches on the side and added the Dymo label at the bottom.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The next card is for my nephew, Asher, who is graduating from high school this June. I did a Google image search for "1933 graduation" because I wanted an old-fashioned graduation picture. When I found this guy I thought he would be perfect -- he's so pleased with himself! I printed the picture on glossy cardstock and cut around the edges with deckle scissors. I punched four squares out of maroon mulberry paper (maroon and white are his school colors) and turned them on their side. I took strips of grey paper and ran them down the diamonds and along the bottom, and added a star eyelet where they intersect. I mounted the picture on top of it all and used silver stickers to spell "oh yeah" and the Dymo labeler for "You're awesome".

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Lita said...

So where's my outstanding achievement card? I recently accomplished an outstanding achievement in uh... er... Ok. I get your point.

I did fix a typo before I posted this though. And I did an outstanding job.

Also, that grad pic is completely awesome.

Faith said...

I was tempted to use this picture, which I also found when I googled "1933 graduation". I had that one all saved and ready to go, and then I found the guy with the pipe and that was it. I knew he was the one.

This one was tempting too, although what it has to do with "1933 graduation" I'll never know.

meresy_g said...

Both cards are great but the graduation is awesome! What a great picture. Your nephew will love the card.