Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day. Like Mother's Day, not a really big day as far as I'm concerned. I know, I'm selfish. I needed a card for my father and one for Onil's father, so I used two older cards. The first one has been posted here before, the second one hasn't:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I also made two other cards this weekend. The first card is a thank you to my sister, who gave us a strawberry pie the weekend we went to her house for my nephew's graduation party. She's got a Boston terrier and the one in this picture is holding a pie, so I thought it was a good fit. I printed the picture from the internet and mounted it on white card stock. I stamped "THANKS!" with individual letter stamps and the stitches are rub-on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I made this card for my friend, Kevin. I'd been wanting to drop him a note for a while, and we both just had birthdays recently. I found this picture on the internet and thought of him immediately -- I knew he would totally crack up over it. Because, you know what? Sometimes it really can't. It's a simple card -- I mounted the picture on grey cardstock and layered it on handmade rice paper with silver and gold flecks. I got out the label maker again (yes, I really do love that thing) and attached "WORD" to the side.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

meresy_g said...

Great cards! I love the dog one. And the sign one too. Makes you want to get a haircut there just to see.

Faith said...

I absolutely love goofy signs and will go out of my way to take pictures of them. Along Route 72 there's a sign advertising weekly specials for Hilltop Acres, a Mennonite grocery store I go to. Remember several months ago when Lebanon captured some Israeli soldiers and Israel chucked a few bombs at Lebanon? This is what appeared on the Hilltop Acres sign.

I took me a few minutes to figure out, but I finally did. They weren't calling for the annihilation of Lebanon, the country. They were advertising Bomberger's brand bologna, your choice of Lebanon bologna or sweet bologna. The timing was just too hilarious. :o)