Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Mom's Birthday, Take 2

Okay, I really wasn't thrilled with the card I made for my mom's birthday, so I decided to make a new one. Once again I went back to the well that never seems to run dry -- flowers. I printed a picture of a vase of sunflowers that I found online and mounted it on black cardstock. Then I put a page from a French textbook as a background and glued punched sunflowers on the top. Finally, I wrapped some DMC linen floss around the picture and mounted that on top of the French text.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I also made a card for my sister-in-law's birthday, again with a sunflower kind of theme. (Blame it on the time of year.) I found some rub-ons and stickers that were on clearance at AC Moore so I used them as my starting point. The "happy" is individual rub-on letters, as are the flowers. The "DAY" is cardstock stickers. I cut a strip of grey paper with pinking shears and smudged brown ink on the edge of the light yellow and brown pieces. I mounted them all on sunflower yellow cardstock and drew stitches around everything. Finally, I punched two flowers out of cream cardstock and glued a button with DMC linen floss tied through the middle, then mounted it on the card.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I don't usually show the inside but I like the way this turned out. I stamped "Happy Birthday" in black ink and a circle of dots in brown ink. Then I punched a small flower out of cream cardstock and a small circle out of sunflower yellow cardstock and mounted them inside the circle. I threw in a pink heart because I thought it was cute.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: