Monday, August 13, 2007

Sunflower Days

When I get in a groove, I really get in a groove. I went back to AC Moore and got more paper to match the stickers I got for this card from last week. The whole collection has been on clearance, so I think I'll pick more up this week when I get paid. I really like the gold and brown and green in this set -- they seem like such perfect colors for August.

I made two new cards with the papers. In this first card, I used floral paper from the set for the side and sanded the edges. Then I punched a flower from cream cardstock and a French biology book and used ribbon for leaves, punched a brown flower for the middle and put a button with thread on top of that. I drew the beeskep on cardstock, drew lines and inked the one side to give it dimension; then I punched a circle from gold cardstock, drew black lines and punched a small dot from black cardstock. I drew the wings and the line. Finally I punched a heart from red card stock and drew stitches.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The second card was made from another floral paper in the set. I cut it to fit a square black card and sanded the edges, then punched a circle from black cardstock. I punched more flowers from cream cardstock and the French biology book and put a cranberry circle in the middle of the flower, then a button with black thread. Finally, I drew stitches around the edge of the card and around the circle.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These cards are really very cute. I have also gone through this indian festival diwali site, it has also very nice information.

http://www.diwalifestival.org