Monday, January 08, 2007

Back From Vacation!

I was out for a couple of weeks over the holidays and just got back into work today. Because our scanners and computers are so much better here, I wait to update until I get into work. Anyway, while I was out I had the time to make some cards. This first card was made by printing a picture from the internet onto white linen cardstock. The snowflakes are stickers. I'm a little unhappy with the bottom bar on the side -- it's kind of crooked. I'd like to change it but I used permanent tape and by the time I noticed it the tape had set. If I take it off now I'll tear the card. Also, I'm not quite sure about the rick rack; I think a white organza ribbon would have been better.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


A few years ago I realized that you could use CD envelopes to mail cards, and the cool thing about them is that the card will show through the envelope (the address and stamp go on the sealed side). The next two images are a card and the same card in a CD envelope.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I was inspired by the CD envelope and made six cards total in that shape (two are Valentine cards which I'll feature in another post later). Here are the rest of the cards; the next card also shows what it looks like when it's opened.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the cd enevelope is a great idea! I like the lady bug card the best.

Anonymous said...

Why is it we notice things when it's too late? Though, if you hadn't mentioned it, it would never have occured to me that it was crooked. Despite you doubts, I think it's a very pretty card and the CD cards are splended! I can't wait to see the Valentine ones.

P.S. I'm a PA girl myself and long to live there again!

wurwolf said...

Actually, as much as I like the CD envelope, there is one problem with it. It cost extra to mail. All square envelopes do, although the post office will just let them go most of the time with regular postage. But if you take it to the post office they'll tell you it costs extra.

Funny you like the ladybug card, Meredith, because that one was lifted directly from a card in the latest Paper Made Easy magazine. I tried to find a picture of it on the magazine's website but I didn't see it there.