Friday, January 26, 2007

Onil's Birthday 2007

My husband turned 30 yesterday so I made him this card. It's nothing more than computer-generated -- no stickers, no brads, no ribbons. Just a picture with some words over it. I had to do this all at work so he didn't see me making it, and I don't have all my usual stuff here.

I did a GIS for Darth Vader and found a sweet desktop picture. I added some black bars to the side and top to fill in the background without stretching out Darth Vader's face and added the fonts. The top font is Arial Narrow word art, but the bottom font is one I downloaded from 1001 Free Fonts called Star Jedi. This particular font is annoying because the font creator's logo shows up as a character when you hit the return key. I got around it by hitting the shift+enter so the return character didn't show up.

On the inside of the card, I found a picture of a Star Wars cake (after doing a GIS for "Star Wars birthday"), printed that, cut it out and pasted it on the inside. When I get home tonight the kids and I will sign his card and do the present and the birthday pie (this year, key lime!).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a comment, but Blogger is being an assbag so it ate my comment and teleported me to the blog dashboard. So thanks, Blogger.

What I wanted to say was that the birthday card looks really nice, especially considering you had to just print it off the computer instead of being able to do all kinds of fancy crap to it.

I also said that that font sounds really annoying. The creator's logo comes up every time you hit return? Why would anybody think that would make his font desirable?

wurwolf said...

This is exactly what I thought, Lita, about the font. 1001 Free Fonts is not the only one that offers Star Jedi, and I'm guessing all of them have that annoying return thing because that's the way the guy set it up. Which is just the stupidest thing ever -- who would want to use it that way?

Onil loved the card, by the way. :o)