Monday, January 29, 2007

Have a Ball! And Some Stew.

So, enjoying this cold weather? I sure am. One of the things I love about living in Pennsylvania (and I guess the northeast in general) is that the seasons are very distinct. I love all of the seasons and the weather they bring, and a warm winter just doesn't feel right to me. Bring on the snow and the bright, bracing cold! It feels so invigorating to be out on a cold day and come home to a warm house and a spicy stew in the crockpot.

Anyway, now that I've gotten that out of my system, this is a birthday card I did for my nine-year old nephew, who is a big football fan. Frankly, I can't stand sports of any kind, especially football, so this one was kind of a challenge for me. I drew a football on chipboard and covered it with textured paper. I also punched holes in it and threaded it to look like it was sewn. The "Have a" letters are rub-ons, and the "BALL" and the stars are stickers from a Harley-Davidson collection.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

meresy_g said...

Very cute card. I love the stitching. I'll have to try that stew recipe. I'm all into the crockpot these days.

wurwolf said...

Since I'm only home on the weekends, I cook two meals a week. One of them is always in the crock pot. I sure do love that thing.

A big trend in scrapbooking and cardmaking for a few years now has been stitching on paper with an actual sewing machine. I have been so tempted to get one just for my card making but I am so inept with a needle and thread (other than cross stitch). I love the way it looks, though; that's probably why I draw stitches on my cards all the time.

Lita said...

I really want to say something supportive because that is a cute card, but guh... football. My natural reaction to anything football is to grit my teeth and pretend I'm not there.

I like how the ball is zooming around like a bumble bee. That helps distract me from the fact that it's a football. How's that?

wurwolf said...

Very positive and uplifting, Lita. Thank you.

When my mom told me that my nephew was into football, all I could think was, Jeez, why isn't he into gardening or sewing or something?