Monday, April 16, 2007

Blue Mood.... and Pink. And Brown.

Actually, more aqua than blue. I made two cards this weekend, both in the same color scheme (but not on purpose). I had this first card rattling around in my head last week and put it together when I got home on Friday. I got out my watercolors and free-handed a branch in brown with green leaves on off-white paper. I then outlined the branch with a fine point black marker. I used my mini flower punch to make several pink flowers and painted a dark pink center in all of them. I drew black squiggly lines around the edge, layered it on dark grey paper, and tied a pink ribbon around it; then I mounted it on light aqua cardstock. Finally I cut out a small square of the grey paper and punched a larger cherry blossom in pink with a darker pink mini sun center.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I made this next card to send to my friend Linda, who I haven't heard from in a while. I had this striped paper and have been wanting to use it but just never sat down to work it out. The pink center of the flower is a brad and the "Hi" was done with rub-on letters.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This past weekend I got a few new toys at AC Moore. The first thing I got is a tag maker, which I can use to make my own metal-rimmed tags. I also got one of those old-fashioned label makers. I'd been wanting one for a while and Onil really wanted one too, so we picked it up. I also got this sheet of clear stamps to use on the inside of cards. This was all a great deal -- the tag maker was on sale for 40% off, and I used 40% and 50% coupons for the label maker and the stamps. So everything I got was like half price. AWESOME.

2 comments:

Lita said...

It's a good color scheme! Those cards look really nice.

It's happened to me before. Your brain gets into a certain mode and you don't notice the theme until you've already committed. (Not that a theme is a bad thing.) I've gone on yarn shopping trips and noticed that all the yarn I picked out that day has a lot of the same color groups. I'll be all about one color group for a few days and then wish I'd picked up some other color as well when my taste changes a few days later.

I do the same thing with breakfast foods.

When you say you got an old-fashioned label maker, do you mean like the kind that spits out a dark blue or green or black plastic strip with raised white letters on it?

wurwolf said...

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Onil has fond childhood memories of he and his sister labeling everything they owned with their father's label maker, and their father yelling at them for wasting the labels. Something which I'm sure I'll be doing as well, because in the few hours since we've gotten the damn thing he's already labeled half his toys on the shelf.