Monday, April 02, 2007

A Blast From the Past, Part 4: Spring Is Here!

I'm working on some new stuff to post here, but until I finish everything, enjoy some of my older cards, won't you?

First, we still have a little bit of snow to deal with. I used to run a message board and we had a secret santa. I sent this card with my gift to my santa and she thanked me for the card with drunken snowmen, which totally cracked me up. She turned out to be completely insane, but the observation about the snowmen was right on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here's a card I made for Onil a few years ago. He's a boxers guy, so this card is perfect for him. I stamped boxers on red gingham paper in black and little hearts in red, then cut them out and used mini clothespins to affix them to the string. The background was made with blue paper, white pigment ink and a stencil I made myself.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Now that the winter is overwith, let's celebrate Easter and spring with my fluffy little bunnies. I stamped them in black waterproof ink and painted around them with watercolor, a technique which I really love. Inside the card it says "Happy Easter!", although I guess if I wanted to be pithy I could have put "Hoppy Easter!" Ha! Ha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Continuing in the stamp and watercolor vein, here are two more cards with that technique. They also show off a cool process which I think is called transference or something (maybe I just made that word up). Take a small picture from a magazine and lay a piece of clear packing tape over top, making sure to remove all of the air bubbles. Cut out the picture so there are no exposed edges, just packing tape. Immerse in warm water and gently rub away the paper behind the tape. The picture will remain on the tape but will be transparent. It's difficult to see how transparent the picture looks here, but it turns out looking pretty cool.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This last card was also made with clothespins and is very much like this baby card. The booties are little embellishments from Jolee's.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Rimmi said...

I like the card with the glass jars and the one with the cute little baby booties. Nice work!